This practice handles medical records in line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For more information please read the Fair Processing Notice document below.
1) Data Controller contact details
Dr. Gittens, Senior Partner/Practice Manager, Kingsway Medical Centre, Kingsway, Billingham, TS23 2LS
2) Data Protection Officer contact details
Senior Governance Manager & Data Protection Officer
North of England Commissioning Support
Tel: 01642 745042 Mob: 07796278381