Pregabalin and Gabapentin will be legally reclassified as Controlled Drugs on 1st April 2019. To prepare for this, our clinical system will treat these drugs as Controlled Drugs from 19th March.
- Prescriptions produced for Pregabalin or Gabapentin prior to 19th March will not be legally dispensable after 1st April.
- Prescriptions produced for Pregabalin or Gabapentin after 19th March will only be valid for 28 days.
- It will NOT be possible to repeat dispense Pregabalin or Gabapentin after 19th March
Order by 6 pm on weekdays and collect your repeat prescription 2 working days later, after 2 pm.
For example : repeat prescriptions ordered on a Monday by 6 pm will be ready on Wednesday after 2 pm,
(excluding Bank holidays).
If your medication needs to be re-authorised by the doctor, it will take longer to process.
Due to the high volume of telephone calls received, the reception team are unable to check whether repeat prescriptions are ready within the two working day time frame.
SystmOnline can now be accessed via the above link as well as the link on the latest news page.
To use this service, please ask a member of the reception team for more details. You will require a user name and password - proof of identification is required.
The practice does not accept telephone requests for medication
Patients will be able to order medication by one of the following options :
- Using SystmOnline medication ordering
- Many chemists offer a free service; they will request and collect your prescription, and deliver your medication to your home, if requested - ask your local pharmacist for more information.
- By post - using the right hand side of your prescription, tick the items you require. If you enclose a SAE, we will return the prescription to you by post.
- At the surgery - using the right hand side of your prescription, tick the items you require. (If the surgery is closed, please use the post box, this is situated to the left hand side of the main entrance/window. The post box is emptied each working day.)